Your cart has expired
Your order contained expired items and your shopping cart has been emptied.
Penguins Up Close
- The 30-minute adventure begins with a walk through the outdoor exhibits. Then, climb the stairs to the penguin care facility for a program that includes a private behind-the-scenes look at the intricacies of penguin care including training behaviors, animal/trainer relationships and, of course, the chance to interact with an African penguin.
- There is a maximum of four guests per program; participants must be at least 6 years old; children ages 6-12 years must be accompanied by a paying, participating adult.
- Please arrive 30 minutes prior to encounter time to complete a program liability form.
- Encounter occurs rain or shine and is available year round.
- Please note: General admission is NOT included in encounter pricing. Admission ticket purchase is REQUIRED.
- If you have a gift certificate, please contact Reservations at 860.572.5955 ext. 520 to register.
- For a full refund of reservation/encounter fees, cancellation must be made a full 72 hours (3 days) prior to the scheduled encounter program. Fees are non-refundable for cancellations received less than 72 hours from the date of the scheduled program. At least 48 hours (2 days) notice is required to reschedule an encounter program. If participants do not meet the encounter requirements, the program will be considered void and no refund or reschedule will be issued.